The American Epilepsy Society is a community of physicians, scientists, advanced practice providers, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, engineers, pharmacists, advocates, and other professionals engaged in the understanding, diagnosis, study, prevention, treatment, and cure of epilepsy.
We are dedicated to advancing knowledge and supporting evidence-based clinical practice to improve outcomes for persons with epilepsy and their families.
- Better outcomes for persons with epilepsy
- Inclusivity, diversity, and equity
- Fairness, transparency, integrity, and excellence
Want to learn more? Please see our strategic plan for details about our vision, goals, and objectives as a Society.
Interested in a specific topic related to epilepsy?
- Visit the AES peer-reviewed journal Epilepsy Currents to search for reviews and commentaries on the world's literature about the research and treatment of epilepsy.
- Search abstracts presented at AES Annual Meetings over the past two decades for emerging science related to epilepsy.
- Find evidence-based clinical guidance for epilepsy specialists and other healthcare providers.
- Review AES position statements, comments, and letters on clinical procedures, medical practice matters, or health policy issues.